Monday, July 13, 2015

Yum Yum Dim Sum

It seems every city has a Chinatown, why is that? I guess the Chinese culture is pretty strong and one with deep roots and traditions...I can't really say that about the Australian culture I grew up in. Except we do throw a mean BBQ *Cheeky Grins*
 
Whatever the reason I am glad for it especially when I get good eats!
Plus I love those lanterns on a sunny London day.


The only issue with a place like Chinatown is it can be hard to find the gems. Its easy to get caught up in the tourist hype of it all and end up with bad, expensive food. I love good Chinese food so its really disappointing when its bad and that happens way to often.

My favourite chinese food is Dim Sum and I found an awesome place in Chinatown after having been to a few duds.

Introducing 
Joy King Lau

They have a big range of Dim Sum and Main dishes and everything I have ever tried from them has been fantastic. I went there on Saturday with my friends and we had some really good dishes.

Crispy Spring Rolls and Sesame Prawn on Toast


Grilled Pork & Prawn Dumplings


Prawn Dumplings


Deep fried Squid



Pork Ribs in Black Bean Sauce


Roast Pork Bun


Fried Beef HoFun with Chilli and Black Bean Sauce


Just looking at the pictures is making me want to head back to Chinatown right now! I told you there would be pictures to make you salivate.

Go and check it out yourselves

Joy King Lau
3 Leicester St
London
WC2H 7BL

Yum Yum Dim Sum

Another treat from Chinatown has to be the amazing Chinese pastries and cakes. A lot of people don't realise how great Chinese bakeries are, so if you haven't tried them its a must. 
A great one is 

Chinatown Bakery
7 Newport Pl
London
WC2H 7JR

I love the mini fish puffs, so go and get yourself some!






No comments:

Post a Comment