Monday, July 6, 2015

Cronut!

Some of you may be thinking what the hell is a cronut...don't worry so was I two months ago. I have only recently learnt the joy of what a cronut is *cheeky grins*

It is a pastry of delicious indulgence that will have sugar running through your veins by the end of it! Who doesn't love that ;)

What actually is a cronut - A cronut is a croissant-doughnut pastry invented by Chef Dominique Ansel and trademarked by his Bakery in New York City conveniently called Dominique Ansel Bakery. I have yet to make my way to New York but this is going on the list of spots to visit when I get there.


                                                          Picture taken from dominiqueansel.com

I am not the only one in awe of this amazing pastry, in 2013 the cronut was named as one of the "25 Best Inventions" of 2013 by Time magazine!

I get my cronuts from a place called Dum Dum Donutterie in London. It is in Shoreditch in the Boxpark.

Dum Dum Donutterie
Unit 31 Boxpark
4 Bethnal green Road
London E1


So far I have tried four flavours

Apple tatin
Croissant dough filled with apple filling. Topped with dried apple and dusted with icing sugar.


Strawberries and cream
Croissant dough filled with strawberry preserve and buttercream. Topped with buttercream, a whole fresh strawberry dipped in white chocolate and a chocolate drizzle.


Chocolate hazelnut
Chocolate croissant filled with a hazelnut praline cream, topped with chocolate ganache and roasted hazelnuts.



Saving the best for last...

The Zebra
Layers of croissant dough and chocolate croissant dough. Filled with chocolate butter cream and finished with chocolate ganache and chocolate shavings.

Easily my favourite.

So if you’re in London get yourself to the Boxpark and indulge, if you’re in New York make me jealous by going to Dominique Ansel Bakery (189 Spring St, New York, NY 10012, United States) and if you're anywhere else get on google and start searching! This pastry is too good to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment