Saturday, July 11, 2015

Pancake fail

I have a friend who has been by my side and had my back from the day I met her. I call her my Pancake Paula because if there’s one thing we like as much as we like each other, its pancakes!

We have had more pancakes together than I can count! So when I hear of a new place that’s meant to do fantastic pancakes you know who I am going to call. It was called Le Petite Bretagne and it's in Hammersmith.

So we headed there last night and to be honest I was a little disappointed...it wasn’t amazing.

We started off with savory pancakes. I think they didn't taste great because they use buckwheat flour.

We had a Tradition, which is cheese and ham and a Forestiere, which is cheese, ham and spinach. 



I only got half way through mine as I just didn't like the taste. I was also pretty disappointed that the Forestieere cost £1 more and the only difference was it had a few pieces of fresh spinach added after it had been cooked.

The sweet ones were a step up from savoury but I have still had better. 
We got a Strawberry dream which is freshly chopped strawberries, whipped cream and almonds



And an Eton Mess which is freshly chopped strawberries, whipped cream and meringue pieces.



I did really like the concept of the Eton Mess one. I will definitely try it out myself at home one of these days.

You win some, you lose some with restaurant picks but always fun to try a new pancake spot with my Pancake Paula!

No comments:

Post a Comment