Thursday, July 9, 2015

Blast from the past

Do you ever sometimes just wish you were a kid again? Everything in life just felt so much simpler then. The biggest thing you had to worry about then was whether you could convince your parents to let you have your birthday party at McDonalds!

If only it was that easy to step back in time and be a kid again. Well if I can’t step back in time I’ll just take my taste buds back there.

I remember making marshmallow rice crispie squares when I was a kid at afterschool care. I absolutely loved it. It was simple but made me feel I could create something all on my own. So lets go back there.
 
Marshmallow Crispie Squares
Serves: 12

Ingredients
  • 50g butter
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 200g marshmallows
  • 100g crisped rice cereal

Method
  1. Grease a 22x33cm (9x13 in) tin with oil or butter.
  2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the vanilla. Melt the marshmallows into the butter, stirring. Add the cereal when the marshmallows have melted; stir until cereal is coated. Quickly pour into the prepared tin. Use a sheet of greaseproof paper to press the mixture down flat and evenly into the tin.
  3. Let set for 2 to 3 hours. Cut into squares.


 

A great one to make with kids if you have them or if you’re like me, just to remember what its like to be a kid again…not to mention they taste fantastic!
 
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment