Monday, July 6, 2015

Confession

Confession: I have a somewhat, unhealthy at times, obsession with food!

My realisation of this happened when I started a blog 6 months ago, just about my life in general and realised most of my entries are food related!

This blog is dedicated to me confessing and embracing the fact that:
 
I am a foodie
 
If it’s not baking or trying out healthy recipes and meals (I’m trying to be better now that I’ve passed the 30 milestone) it’s heading out to eat in London or travelling the world to find out what food options are out there.

A little about me,
I was UK born but grew up in Adelaide, Australia with Indian parents. My mother is a fantastic cook…my cooking leaves a lot to be desired but I know how to bake up a storm! My interest in food (as more than just a source to stop my hunger) began when I moved to Sydney at 23 and started eating out at restaurants a lot. At 26 I moved to London and began to travel more and that’s when the obsession began.


From amazing London pub food and fancy Michelin star restaurants to:
Ramen in Japan                       
Beignets in New Orleans
Hula pie in Hawaii                   
Schnitzel in Germany
Piri Piri chicken in Portugal   
Flying fish in Barbados
Haggis in Scotland                   
BBQ in Australia
Key Lime pie in Florida           
Hodads burgers in San Diego
Fried chicken in LA                  
Pastries in France
And many more.

 
Even with all that there is still so much more for me to experience! So come along with me on my food journey. There will be some recipes, some restaurant reviews and other bits and pieces along the way and of course photos to make you salivate!

Feel free to comment or make suggests of where I should try next or how to improve the blog.
 
Hope you enjoy reading this, as much as I’ve enjoyed eating what’s in it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment