Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Bake it, to make it

You will soon learn, if you follow my blog, I usually try to solve things by baking. 

If I’m sad I bake, if I’m stressed I bake, if I’m bored I bake! Basically I bake a lot. Another thing I bake for, is for gifts.
 
We have just had a new staff member join us at work so I decided to make him some welcome to building cupcakes. After getting one of the security guards to do some reconnaissance I found out he is very fond of chocolate so chocolate cupcakes it is.

Introducing you all to Mary Berry chocolate cupcakes
 
Mary Berry Chocolate cupcakes
 
Prep:20 mins
Bake:10 mins
Serves:24
Skill level:easy
 
Ingredients
 
Chocolate cupcake
 
4tbsp boiling water
40g cocoa powder  
3 egg
175g unsalted Butter
165g caster sugar
115g self-raising white flour
1tsp baking powder rounded

 
The Method

Step 1
Line two 12-hole muffin tins with paper cases. Sift the cocoa powder into a bowl, pour in the boiling water and mix into a thick paste. Add the remaining cake ingredients and mix  beat with a wooden spoon.
 
Step 2
Divide the mixture equally between the 24 paper cases. Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for about 10 minutes until well risen and springy to the touch. Cool in the cases on a wire rack.
 
 
Ingredients
 
Chocolate icing
 
60g unsalted Butter
30g cocoa powder  
3tbsp milk   
250g icing sugar 
 
Step 3
To make the chocolate icing melt the butter and pour it into a bowl. Sift in the cocoa powder and stir in the icing sugar a little at a time to make a glossy and spreadable. If the icing is too thick, gradually add the milk until it reaches the desired consistency. Using a palette knife spread the icing over the cakes and leave to set before serving.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment