Monday, August 3, 2015

Second Sunday prep session

Last week went well, with me finishing off the last of my Sunday prep dishes on Friday night. Everything kept pretty well this time around, I didn’t have the need to freeze anything. The quiches were nice at room temperature or warmed up. They were probably my favourite part of last week’s prep so I will be doing that one again soon. The prawn dish and the chicken kept and tasted good to but I did eat the prawn dish in the first few days, otherwise I would have had to freeze it for sure.

The healthy eating went slightly of track when I was given a box of chocolates Monday, a box of homemade brownies Tuesday (ridiculously good ones), Reese’s peanut butter cups Wednesday and there was also a few farewell lunches and family catch up dinners during the week and a boozy work function Thursday evening.

The prep did help me keep healthy when I could and more importantly not skip any meals so I decided to do it again this week despite have a bit of a hectic social life again, with some family dinners, a birthday party and another farewell lunch.

This week it’s a massive beef stir fry, brown rice, trail mix, carrots sticks and then I bought yogurts for the week, a bunch of fruit, some cheese varieties and some 9 bars.

Everyone knows how to make a beef stir fry, you can’t really get much simpler than that especially when, like me you cheat and buy a sauce. Next time I am determined to make my own sauce from scratch but this Sunday I had to do some work and had my cousins 21st so time was a bit tight.

Basically chop up all your veggies. I had onion, mushroom, cabbage, peppers, spinach and broccoli. I browned the onion and mushroom first in a good able spoon of coconut oil and then added the beef and lightly fried. I added the rest of the veggies and poured in half of the sauce packed (which was more than enough sauce!!) I then made the brown rice and was done. Super easy, super tasty and I made enough for 5 meals.


I went and bought a whole bunch of nuts and dried fruit for a trail mix. Its dried cranberries, dried cherries, dried strawberries, dried mango, hazelnuts, brazil nuts, walnuts, cashews and almonds. These should stop me snacking on chocolate and sweets I hope or at least a bit less.

 
 
You will also notice I bought some 9 bars. The first thing that attracted me to 9 bars is the fact they are made in the UK, in Wales. They contain no trans fats, artificial additives, preservative or colouring and they are good for people allergies or specific dietary requirements as they are free from wheat, gluten, dairy, lactose, yeast and egg. They are call 9 bars because they contain all 9 essential amino acids.

There are 6 different types of bar to choose from and I’ve gone with Pumpkin. I am yet to try them so will give a yay or nah to them once I have.

The one thing to note is these bars are pretty high in calories but counter acting this is the fact that they are high in protein, rich in Omega 3 and have a low glycaemic index for a slow release of energy. Fingers crossed they taste good.
 
I also chopped up some carrots to have with baby bell cheese or cream cheese and will also buy some M&S hummus to. Love the organic M&S hummus.
 
 
Having less time this week I bought some yogurts for breakfasts to go with my granola and strawberries which I will cut up to go in as well. I also bought bananas, apples and nectarines for morning and afternoon tea.


Hopefully it all lasts the week like it did last week.

Any questions let me know. If you have any ideas, tips or advice, it is always appreciated just leave them in them comments.

Hope your Sunday prep is going well to. Here’s to a healthy week ahead.



No comments:

Post a Comment