Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The Blues

By now you have realised a large part of my life of late has been baking. It just makes things seem better, life seem calmer and the world not such a scary place…don’t ask me why. I guess it’s like a form of meditation for me.

Yesterday wasn’t particularly a bad day, but the weight of a lot of things going through my mind made me grab out the mixing bowl and go for a classic to get me over these blues.

Blue Blueberry Muffins

Ingredients
  • 200g self-raising flour, sifted
  • 1/2 tsp baking powder
  • 100g caster sugar
  • 65ml vegetable oil
  • 1 egg
  • 65ml milk
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • 150g tinned blueberries


Method
  1. Preheat oven to 180C.
  2. Place the flour, baking powder and sugar in a bowl.
  3. Place the oil, egg, milk and vanilla in a separate bowl and whisk to combine.
  4. Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
  5. Add the blueberries and fold in.
  6. Spoon mixture into 8 muffin paper patty cases and bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until cooked when tested with a skewer.
  7. Remove from tin and cool on a wire rack.


The came out really good. Very fluffy and light and were great with cup of tea.
 
Try them out yourself for a nice and easy home baked sweet treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment