Monday, September 7, 2015

Chiswick pub eats Part 5

Hitting the next instalment of Chiswick pub eats, the Smokehouse.

Smokehouse
12 Sutton Lane North
Chiswick
London
W4 4LD



First thing to note is that this is a review of the Smokehouse lunch time menu because it is a completely different menu at dinner which I have yet to try out.
*Note to self to put that on my foodie bucket list.



The smoke house isn’t only new to me, it’s new to the area. The pub/restaurant opened in April 2015 on the site of what used to be a local favourite, the Hole in the Wall pub. This is the second Smokehouse in London, with the original being in Islington. They are both run by famous BBQ chef Neil Rankin who use to be the head chef of one of my favourites, Pitt Cue!

With a name like Smokehouse you don’t have to guess what it’s all about, grilling and smoking, whether its meat, fish or vegetables. It’s not your typical pub food in any sense of it. Rankin uses his creativity and background in the classics to bring a twist to the traditions of fire-based cooking.

I’ve been twice so far. The first time I had the Smokehouse Pulled lamb BBQ wrap.


It was crazy filling, I got through half and couldn’t fit in any more. A fair few of my male friends were in the same boat. We ended up taking back leftovers as the taste and flavours were too good to let them go to waste.

The second time I went I got the Longhorn Limousine cow burger with Korean pulled pork.


The burger comes with a super tasty meat patty topped with Korean pulled pork served with a spicy tomato salsa that has a real kick to it. Really tasty

I also tried the Caramel potatoes 


Now these were a bit of a trip. I enjoyed trying them but not sure I’d get them again. The potato was cooked to perfection and then covered in a caramel toffee sauce. As the potatoes cooled though the caramel got pretty hard which wasn’t great. No one really wants to wrestle with their potatoes!

Other people in our group got the

Smokehouse Pulled pork BBQ wraps


Smokehouse Coal baked aubergine BBQ wraps


And one of the more interesting things on the menu the Buffalo ribwich; slow roasted pork belly, spicy buffalo sauce & blue cheese mayo.


I may have to try this the next time I go…if I’m feeling adventurous.

The service was really lovely, friendly and efficient and the staff were a good help when needing drink suggestions. They offer 10 beers on tap, 60 in the bottle and source wine from small family owned vineyards only. The place has warm atmosphere and I loved enjoying the sunshine while we ate out on the terrace.
 
The Smokehouse is a great addition to the dining options in Chiswick. The prices are a bit higher than the other pubs I’ve reviewed in Chiswick but if you want something a bit different The Smokehouse is the place to go.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment