Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Simply Good

One of my favourite areas in London is Camden Town. With the hustle and bustle of Camden market, the leafy streets, live music, the Etcetera theatre and the many different walks of life you will bump into there. Another thing I love is the food, the street food of the market and the amazing restaurants in the area.

I blogged a while back about one of my favourite Japanese spots, Bento Ramen in Oishii (おいしい). Another place I like to frequent in Camden is just minutes away from Camden Town tube, Simply Fish.

Simply Fish
4 Inverness St
Camden Town
NW1 7HJ
020 7482 2977


This place is super simple and that’s probably the thing I like about it. It is a good place to go when you are wanting a healthier eating out option to.

They have there world classics, salads and there platters full of seafood treasures, but the thing I like the best is the "create your own fish meal" which is what I usually get.

How it works
You choose your fish, how you want it cooked, what sauce you want with it and then your sides.



The first time I came I had the sea bass because I had never tried this type of fish before and it was sooo good. Simple, fresh and tasty. Everything you want food really.

I recently went with my cousin and his partner. My cousin, not the most adventurous when it comes to fish, went for the
British Fish & Chips, Minted Peas & Tartar Sauce



I got to try a little and it was very tasty. My cousin gobbled it up which was a success for a usual non fish eater.

I originally also chose from the World classics menu and got the crab risotto.


As you can see from the picture it doesn’t look very crabby...so I was a bit disappointed when it came out. When I tasted it, it tasted good. Nice herbs and a tomato, vegetable stock base but no sign of any crab flavouring or crab pieces. I talked to the waiter about my disappointment and was offer to swap my choice.

I went back to the trusty create your own fish meal choosing Swordfish, grilled with hollandaise and sweet potato wedges.


It was so good. Again this was my first time having swordfish. A really meaty, tasty fish cooked to perfection. I usually don't like to cause a fuss but I was glad I had voiced my disappointment with the risotto and got to enjoy this.

My cousin’s partner got the salmon, baked, with hollandaise, with the mushrooms and lemon & Basil new potatoes. 


Again another great dish. I got to taste some and the salmon was so good. I also sneakily ate probably a quarter of the mushrooms which were really tasty, sautéed in butter and garlic.

I also really like their choice of juices with so many flavours, mango, apple, guava, lychee, cranberry, grapefruit and of course orange. My favourite is the lychee, closely followed by the mango.

As we know I am not a big alcohol drinker but they so also have beers (as you can see above) as weel as cocktails, mocktails and wines.


If you want something quick and simple which has good portion sizes which you can keep healthy than this the place for you…oh yeah and you have to like seafood, it is a fish restaurant after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment