Monday, October 26, 2015

Don’t you forget about me?

Firstly apologises for the absence. Life kind of got away from me for a bit there. Who needs small talk though, let’s get straight back to it. I finally made my way to the much talked about 'Breakfast club' a few weeks back and I have to say it did not disappoint.

Note - be prepared to wait! Since opening its first location in Soho in 2005 Breakfast club has been fiercely popular with longs queues nearly all of the time. You'll be lucky if your wait is only thirty minutes but it’s more likely to be an hour to an hour and half.

We decided to chance it and go for a Sunday brunch (probably there busiest time) and as expected we waited roughly an hour before we were seated. You can't book which is kind of annoying but becoming the norm in London these days (frustration). I will say however the staff were good with the queuing patrons, giving out small cups of free hot chocolate (very tasty) and giving realistic time frames etc. Luckily I was with a friend who I hadn't seen in a while so happily chatted away while we waited in queue.

The breakfast club as the namesake suggests is an all-day diner that is dedicated to the most important meal of the day...Breakfast. It also does its best to give of the vibe of the 1985 film of the same name. With six locations across London, the original cafe lies on D'Arblay Street in Soho...you can't miss it with its brightly painted, sunflower yellow shop front. We however decided to hit the London Bridge location.

The Breakfast Club
11 Southwark Street,
London Bridge
SE1 1RQ


Despite the name they do also open for lunch and dinner where they do burgers, tacos, salads etc. typical diner food and off course have their late breakfast menu but I thought considering the name, we would go at breakfast...well more of a brunch (1130am), it was Sunday after all.

The breakfast menu is stacked with options for every type of taste bud. From club classics, to pancakes both savoury and sweet, to eggs any which way and of course porridge, fruit and granola.




We started off rather boring with a cup of tea, an Ever-so English breakfast tea from the Joe's tea range. It was really nice and I heard a lot of people talking about how good the coffee was (I myself, not a coffee drinker)

 
After looking at the menu for far too long, practically wanting everything we both settled on Chorizo hash browns, a Breakfast Club original which is chorizo, mushrooms, home-style fried potatoes and fried eggs.


It was ridiculously big and super tasty and very reasonably priced. Well worth the hour wait in the cold. The staff also made it worth the wait, polite with genuine smiles and conversation. We didn't feel at all rushed, which can happen with places with large queues. The staff seemed capable and unfazed by the popularity which was a nice change.

I have to go back and try the pancakes one day with my friend Paula and I will let you all know how that goes, you know how much I love my pancakes.

This is definitely one to put on your restaurant bucket list, just make sure you bring something or someone to keep you occupied in the queue *smiles*

Enjoy!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment